has records for churches which serve or served areas within the ancient parish of St John. These are listed below and include St. James’ and St. Basil’s Church Fenham, Newcastle.
- Benwell, St Aidan. Baptisms 1884-1979 and marriages 1891-1978 For earlier records see Newcastle, St John.
- Benwell, Venerable Bede. Marriages 1956-1970 (Also at Tyne and Wear Archives: Marriages 1956-1963.) For earlier records see Benwell, St James.
- Elswick, Holy Spirit Mission. There are no deposited registers or microfilm copies.
- Elswick, St Mark Baptisms 1884-1895, 1919-1969 (Also at Tyne and Wear Archives: Baptisms 1884-1895). For earlier records see Elswick, St Stephen.
- Elswick, St Philip. Baptisms 1869-1992 and marriages 1873-1993 (Also at Tyne and Wear Archives: Baptisms 1869-1902 and marriages 1873-1900). For earlier records see Newcastle, St John.
- Elswick, St Stephen. Baptisms 1868-1924 and marriages 1868-1941 (Also at Tyne and Wear Archives for the same periods). For earlier records see Elswick, St Paul.
- Fenham, Holy Cross. Marriages 1936-1958. For earlier records see Fenham, St James and St Basil.
- Fenham, St Augustine. Baptisms 1892-1993 and marriages 1892-1993. For earlier records see Benwell, St James.
Fenham, St James and St Basil. Baptisms 1905-1953 and marriages 1931-1959. For earlier records see Fenham St Augustine
Further Church Record Links
Above taken from genuki.org
The national archives links (woodhorn)
Page photo from flickr